Thursday, January 3, 2013

Daydreamer

Good morning friends.  Today I'm finally back with the card I promised a couple days ago that uses the same color combination as the card I made using the Blooming with Kindness flower (SU)....orange and pink!  I seriously think this is my new favorite color combo...it is just bright and cheery!  Anyway, here's what just the change of a stamp set can do:



Another simple layered card, but don't the colors just make it pop?!  I started with a scrap of SU's Whisper White cs and stamped the poppy flower (PTI's "Daydreamer" stamp set) in SU's Only Orange (retired) 3 times.  Next I used the smaller poppy flower stamp from the set and stamped it with SU's Melon Mambo ink.  I used SU's Certainly Celery for the leaves and the grass, and a black marker to fill in the dots at the base of each flower.  You can't tell from the photo (grrrrr!!) but I spritzed this layer with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold...it just gives the whole card that extra oooooohhh IRL!  I layered the flowers with a Melon Mambo piece of cs and then layered that to the Whisper White card base.  I added a few silver nailheads (Gina K) and a sheer white ribbon to the top (Michael's) to finish the card off.  Again, a very clean and simple card, but I think a very pretty one too!

That's all for today, but don't worry, I'll be back!  I got new stamps for Christmas and I'm already in the process of creating new and fun cards to share! :0)  Have a wonderful Thursday, and thanks for stopping by and sharing a part of your day with me! :0)  

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Very cheerful card! Glad Santa brought you some new stamps!