Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thinking of You

Good morning friends.  Today I'd like to share a card with you I made using a stamp that I've had for years and never used (gasp...I know, I know...it's a sickness that's like hoarding, and I'm very guilty of it!!).  I was actually looking for something else when I found this stamp (and never did find!!) and thought I would give it a try.  It's a stamp by "Judith", and is a simple, single Pointsettia leaf, that you just keep stamping till you achieve the fullness of the flower you want.  Take a look:



I started with SU's Certainly Celery ink and stamped the four leaves on SU's Whisper White cs.  I then simply filled in the rest of the leaves with SU's Melon Mambo (LOVE this color!!!), added 3 silver nailheads (Gina K) to the center of the flower, and then stamped the sentiment (PTI's "Winter Hills") with black Stazon ink.  I trimmed this layer a little smaller than the card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") and then used pop dots to raise the layer up a little bit.  I made a bunch of these cards and stamped them all with a "Thank You" sentiment on them, and then had to use them already before remembering to take a picture of them!  This card is going out in the mail today to a friend who is battleing some health issues right now and could probably use a bright and cheery card!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful card sure to brighten up a day!