Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Make it Monday Challenge #93

Good morning friends.  Today I'm sharing another challenge I tried from Paper Trey Ink.  I have to tell you I'm kind of getting into these challenges, as they force me to look at different ways of stamping and not getting into the same ol same ol!  This new challenge definitely forced me to think out of the box!  My first thought was, "what a goofy idea...I think I'll pass on this challenge!"  But after mulling (one of my mother in laws favorite words!) it over for a while, the juices started flowing, and this is what I came up with:



The challenge was to use any die and divide (cut) it in half, to make the die more versatile.  The die that Ashley Cannon Newell (PTI designer) used in her video was a die that you normally would use to stamp a sentiment on, and since most of the dies I own are of "things", I was a little stumped on what I could use.  But like I said earlier, the more I thought about it, I thought why not use my Christmas Tree die (PTI) and cut it vertically (as opposed to horizontally like Ashley did) and use my vertical stamp (Verses Rubber Stamp Co.) between the 2 halves?  I stamped first on a layer of SU's Whisper White cs with SU's Real Red ink the sentiment, and then covered that sentiment with a piece of paper while I stamped the pine tree (SU's "Lovely As A Tree" set) in SU's Always Artichoke ink.  I mounted this layer to a card base of SU's Always Artichoke cs (LOVE this color!!).  I then simply added the 2 halves of the die cut tree, a die cut of the sledder (PTI's "In the Meadow Silhouettes Die Collection), and finished with a white ribbon at the top (Michael's)

Hope you enjoyed my version of the challenge and thanks again for stopping by to share part of your day with me...I love it when you do! :0)

4 comments:

Birgit said...

Good that you didn`t pass on this challenge! :-) Very pretty card!

Kathy said...

I jusat received an order from Marcia - allI can say is wow! A set of 3 or 5 make great stocking stuffers or teacher gifts!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very fun, love how full the tree now looks!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great card - love the vertical sentiment and the pretty scene you created!