Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Make it Monday Challenge #92

Hello again friends!  Back with a quick post for a card I just made for PTI's Make it Monday challenge #92 using vellum layers.  Take a look:


The light wasn't too great this afternoon to really show the true colors of this card, but I still think it turned out pretty! (the layout for this card was CASE'd and inspired by Debbie Olson's card today on her site "Thinking Inking")  I used Echo Park "Happy Holidays" dp for the background and the tree (PTI's Merry & Bright die) and sponged both with SU's Soft Sky ink (retired).  The Top Note die (SU) and the star on the tree are a really deep pink (like SU's Melon Mambo...the photo makes it look more red - grrrr!) dotted swiss cs from my local scrapbook store.  I used a Spellbinders circle die that I sponged with the Soft Sky ink, and then glittered, and then added the die cut vellum snowflake, after which I finally added the tree with pop dots to make it stand out a bit.  I finished by adding a bow (Michael's) and a tag from PTI's Tiny Tags die and stamp set for the "very merry".

Thanks for stopping in again and I'll be back in the morning with my promised "fall" card. :0)

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful! I love your vellum tag and snowflake. Such pretty colors too! Well you said deep pink , I have a hard time with photos too lots of times. Sometime it takes more time to post a card than make one.smile

Melissa said...

Love that little, subtle touch of vellum. Such a sweet card!
Melis

Nancy Guse said...

Your vellum snowflake is perfect behind that lovely tree, perfect colors and I love the glitter. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is gorgeous, reading through your description I was making up a shopping list for the yummy goodies you used.