Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lovely As A Tree

Good morning friends.  I'm back as promised with a fall card (although I hope you're not sick of Christmas cards yet, as I still have LOTS to share with you !).  Ever since finding the little flower stamp from the retired SU set "Mini Watercolor Garden", I have been having a blast using it on every tree and wreath set I own.  This latest card I used the stamp on is one of my all time favorite sets - "Lovely As A Tree".  Take a look:


The colors in this card are so rich, that I kept the card very clean and simple.  I used SU's Very Vanilla cs and stamped the tree image in brown Stazon ink.  I used Tim Holtz's Distress Inks in Peeled Paint (green), Fired Brick, & Spiced Marmelade with the little flower stamp for all the leaves on the tree's, and on the ground using the stamping off technique.  I mounted the image with a piece of SU's Pumpkin Pie cs and then mounted to a Very Vanilla card base.  I think the hardest part of this card was measuring where to punch with the half circle punch!  I finished with just adding a couple small orange brads.  Again, a very clean and simple card, but one I was very pleased with.

Thanks again for sharing a part of your day with me, and I'll be back tomorrow with a Thanksgiving table favor I made for my dinner table tomorrow.  Don't stress out too much today getting ready for tomorrow, and remember to take time to find the JOY in today...it IS there! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this card !! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the family. Two trips to the airport today to pick up my kids - can't wait to see their faces again.

Love,

Kathy