Monday, November 26, 2012

Holly Jolly

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends.  I'm back with a total CASE'd and CAS card for you today.  One of PTI's designer's (Christina of "My Paper Secret") did this card about a month ago and I fell in love with it!  She did hers vertically, and mine is horizontal, and mine uses a different sentiment and die,but otherwise it's pretty much a copy...but it was just too much of a CAS (clean and simple) card to be able to change much.  Here's my version:



I used PTI's "Think Big Favorites #20" stamp set to stamp the saying first, and used SU's Real Red ink.  Next I cut out a couple holly leaves (PTI's "Holly Jolly" die) with a dark green dotted swiss cs from my local scrapbooking store, and placed them above the sentiment.  I added a red glittered ball shape (Recollections at Michael's) for the berries, and then tied a piece of red & white baker's twine (The Twinery) around the top.  It doesn't get much more simple than this, and yet the beauty is in the simplicity of this card. :0)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your Monday with me and I'll be back with some more inspiration tomorrow. 
 

No comments: