Friday, November 2, 2012

Heart 2 Heart

Good morning friends.  Today I'd like to share a simple Fall card that is similar to some of the kraft card stock cards I showed you the beginning of October:



I had made a bunch of these cards more geared to "guys", but had to do a "girlie" one too cause I just love flowers!  This card was made using Paper Trey Ink's (PTI) "Heart-2-Heart #7" stamp set, and I had to get this set because 1- it was cheap ($5), 2- I LOVED the leaves, and 3- it is so easy to use and just plain cute! :0)  I started this card with kraft card stock and embossed it with the "Blessings" embossing folder (Provo Craft).  I lightly sponged over all the words with SU's Soft Seude ink to give a little more definition to the words.  For the actual stamped area, I used SU's Soft Seude ink (can you tell I LOVE this color?!!!) for the stem and leaves, and then SU's Really Rust and Summer Sun (both retired colors) for the flowers.  The center (heart shape) of the flower on the left was stamped with Really Rust that had been stamped off once to create a lighter shade than the other flower.  I added a small rusty red colored dot to the center of the flower on the right to add a little bling.  I tore the bottom edge of the card stock on an angle and then layered it with a piece of SU's Soft Seude, which I also tore at an angle at the bottom.  After tieing a piece of grossgrain ribbon (Michael's) near the bottom of this part, I attached it to the base card.  Simple and easy!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...I'm thinking I need to get some turkey decorations put out or it will be time to put up the Christmas tree before I know it!  Seriously, someone in my town already has their tree up and lit in their front window!  I can't wait to put mine up too, but in October?  Really?  Oh well, each to their own!  Thanks again for stopping by and I'll be back next Monday. :0)

No comments: