Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Good morning friends and a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving to all of you!  Just a quick post so I can get my bird in the oven (don't ya just love how a turkey roasting makes your house smell so wonderful?!!!  Remember, you can find JOY even in something as simple as a smell!)  But anyway, just a small group at my table today, and decided to make a little table favor.  Take a look:




 
My 1st picture doesn't show the detail too well, but had to include a picture of Frank (the turkey).  Made him years and years and years ago, and still get excited to bring him out each year!  The table favors have a Reese's peanut butter cup inside, and that's always been one of my girls favorites, so that was the deciding factor in making these favors this year.  I've originally seen these made with the miniature peanut butter cups, but got to thinking, "why not the bigger ones?"  I used the 2nd to the largest scalloped circle die (Spellbinders) and cut out 2 in SU's Pumpkin Pie for each treat.  I then ran them through my Cuttlebug to emboss them with the pumpkin folder (Provo Craft).  I sponged them lightly to give them a little more definition and then made score lines accross the bottom (about 6 scallops on each) of each circle.  After folding on the score lines, I placed a strip of sticky tape on the folded part of one, and then placed the other folded circle facing towards the other one...it sort of makes a nest for the treat to sit in.  I then simply added a strip a brown grossgrain ribbon (Michael's) to the top insides of both scalloped circles, and then attached the leaves (Stampin Up Sizzlet die) cut from a dotted swiss green card stock from my local scrapbooking store.  Quick, easy, and cute! :0)

Again, I wish each of you a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope you make treasured memories that make you smile.  Today of all days, remember the JOY!  

No comments: