Friday, November 23, 2012

Blake

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I had a great time with my family, eating and visiting, and can't wait for my turkey sandwhich later today (one of the best perks of having the turkey at your house...you get the leftovers!!)

We're supposed to get some snow today, so I thought I'd share a card I made for my cousin Kathy.  Take a look:


The snowman is a stamp from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. and they named him "Blake", which also happens to be my cousin's son's name...how appropriate, huh?! :0)  I love snowmen, and this little guy is no exception!  He is just so whimsical looking you can't help but love him!  And I love that his sign comes blank, so you can stamp (or write) whatever message you want in this space.  I stamped him on SU's Whisper White cs with Momento's Tuxedo Black ink, and colored him with Copics (B000, YG63, R29, YR68, & R81).  My card base is SU's Bashful Blue, and then I tore a couple strips of Whisper White to make the snow hills that the tree (SU's Always Artichoke cut out with a PTI die) and Blake are sitting on.  After adding the red glitter star (Spellbinders die and American Crafts POW Glitter Paper), I used my two way glue pen to add some dots to the blue and then added glitter to make it look like it was snowing out. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all enjoy your nice long weekend...unless you're in retail that is, and then I'll say a prayer for you!  I'll be back next Monday with some more inspiration for you. :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I can't wait to get these and the other cards! You are so talented, Miss Marcia!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and cute all in one!