Thursday, November 8, 2012

Another Birthday???

Good morning friends.  Yes, another birthday in my family, and today it's my cousin Sue, who also is one of my very best friends!  She stopped counting birthdays a while ago (so did I!!), but it's a good reason to get a hand stamped card in the mail and not another bill!  Take a look:


I had bought SU's "Perfectly Preserved" stamp set awhile ago, and have been thinking about what I could put in the jar besides the fruit and vegetables that come with the set...something different and "outside the box".  It didn't take me long to come up with the idea of fall leaves, as leaves are one of my favorite things (you'd know if you saw the inside of my house...I definitely have a leaf motif going on!!).  I stamped the jar in SU's Soft Seude ink and then stamped the leaves in SU's Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and More Mustard.  The leaf stamp in the More Mustard is the same one I used yesterday from the grab jar, and the leaves in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive are from SU's "Fall Whimsy" stamp set.  I stamped the jar and leaves on kraft cs and then the lid to the jar is a die cut using the back side of the red/cream checked designer paper (Rain Check by Pebbles Inc.).  I tied a piece of bakers twine (The Twinery) around the lid and then used pop dots to mount it on the jar.  I layered with a piece of SU's Cherry Cobbler, and then layered again with the red/cream checked dp onto a kraft cs card base.  I embellished with a piece of red grossgrain ribbon (Michael's), a tiny tag from PTI's "Tiny Tags" die and stamp set, and then finished off with a large die cut leaf in SU's Cherry Cobbler from Provo Craft.  I also distressed the edges of the leaf, tag, and card stock edges with SU's Soft Seude ink and added a couple red half backed pearls to finish it up.

Well that's it for today, and tomorrow maybe we'll get back into the Christmas mode....I have oodles and oodles to share with you! :0)  Have a great Thursday friends, and a wonderful birthday Sue!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy birthday Sue! What a pretty card!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday, Sue! Love the card, too!