Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Light the Way"

Good morning friends.  I'm back as promised with a Christmas card today.  Before I even fell in love with the image on this card, I fell in love with the title of this stamp from Lily of the Valley... "Light the Way".  It speaks to me as a Christian; reminding me who I am and whose I am!  We are called to light the way so that others may see Jesus in us, and I hope in some way, that by sharing my faith on this blog, that someone will see Jesus in me and want to know more! :0)


Lily of the Valley put out a lot of great Christmas stamps this year, but this one is by far my favorite!  I did have to buy a few of the other ones too though, so you will be seeing more cards from me and this wonderful company! :0)  This card photographed a lot lighter than it is in real life...it is much deeper reds and browns.  If you click on the picture to enlarge it, it shows up a little better, plus you can see more of the glitter on the lamp, the fur on her hood, and of course the snow.  After stamping the image in Momento Black ink, I colored her with my Copic markers and then matted it with SU's Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The DP is called "Silent Night" from Bazzill Basics Paper and is a two sided paper so that both sides coordinate.  I cut out a snowflake from the Spellbinders collection, added a red pearl to the center, a red ribbon (Michael's) off to the side and some gold dots in the corners.

Busy day today, but I'll be back again soon.  Thanks for stopping by!